3.10.2004

Amateur Celebrities Pick a Movie and Join In:
"Movieoke, karaoke's very young American-born cousin" On the day I finish Mark Miller's book "Experiential Storytelling" I run across this story. We are truly seeing the emergence of an experiential culture and I agree with Mark that the church is dreadfully behind.

I think in many ways this is why so many younger people are drawn to liturgical worship. I am a denominational mut but I have really started to embrace liturgical worship because it is (or at least can be) experiential.

I went to a wonderful AMIA church in Denver called Wellspring planted/pastored by a good friend of mine from seminary, Billy Waters. I took me several weeks to realize we were doing the same thing each week. The liturgy was so powerful and spoke to me in different ways each week. Plus Billy leads in such an awesome way! I know liturgy is often dead and boring, but in the hands of a true liturgist it is a beautiful and experiential thing.

No comments: