5.17.2005

Frodo the leader


Frodo
Originally uploaded by hawkenstein.
This is a great article on leadership in the emerging postmodern world. I must say that this is so refreshing for me to read. I have been involved in megachurches with corporate, top down leadership, clear vision, hierarchy, the whole nine yards. I always felt I fell far short compared to these men (and I do!). But there is hope for the Frodo's and Dorothy's!
The leadership style that once dominated our culture is becoming passe. Instead of the Lone Ranger, we have Frodo: the Clint Eastwoods and Sylvester Stallones are replaced by ordinary men. Frodo, Aragorn and Neo (the Matrix) are self-questioning types who rely on those around them for strength, clarity and purpose. Indeed, while they have a sense of the need and a willingness to sacrifice themselves, they may not even know the first step on the journey.

No comments: