9.09.2004

On using sermon mind maps

Someone asked for help on reading the mind maps. To orient yourself to my mind maps start at the center and then work counterclockwise starting at roughly 3 o'clock. At the center of the map is the big idea of my sermon. Everything going out from that center is related to the big idea in some way whether it is explanation of the text, illustration, or application.

For me, these mind maps serve to get the sermon into my mind in a general form. I typically preach without notes or at the very least an outline. The mind map seems to work best with how my brain is wired. I can easily remember each point and what it relates to if I have taken the time to create a mind map. The little illustrations on some of them also help me remember.

If I lose my place or need a quick reminder, I have found that I can just glance at the map and find my way. Hope that helps!

No comments: