1.20.2005

Beware of 'Free' Services

I have concerns about blogging companies as well. For example, who really owns the content and can a blog be easily moved from one provider to another? Not a huge deal, but if your private blog suddenly becomes public because some vendor screws up or the company suddenly fails and you can't get your content back, then you'd have a problem.

Interesting thoughts. Though I'm not terribly concerned about this, it is a good question. Especially for many of those power bloggers out there.

Lately, my blog has been pretty lame. Mostly links to other articles with very little comment or original thought. Hopefully, I will find the time and discipline to change this in the coming weeks. But if I start writing some really good stuff (and that's a big IF) who really owns the content? Now that's a question worth asking!


No comments: