8.27.2004

Bible study mind maps

I have only recently been exposed to the concept of mind maps. I have found it to be a great tool in my note taking and organizing information. Clearly I am a visual person. Now I am experimenting with mind maps for the biblical passages that I am studying for my teaching and preaching. If I can figure out how to load them on the site in a way that others can read them I will.

Last Sunday I preached with my only notes being a mind map of my sermon. It was very helpful and I plan to continue using this method for the near future. I plan to upload some of my sermon mind maps as well, once I figure out how to do it.

2 comments:

john chandler said...

I would definitely like to see what your sermon notes look like. How did you make the mind map?

The book "How to Think Like Leonardo DaVinci" talks about something similar to this...

Steve said...

Hey John-

Thanks for your encouragment to post my sermon mind map. I'll try to get it up soon.

For creating the map, I just sat down and mapped the passage, the points I wanted to make and stories I wanted to share. It's kind of hard to explain until you see it.