2.17.2004

Confirmation/Pastor's Class
I am currently teaching a confirmation/pastor's class. This is the first time I have ever done this. Teaching a class like this for two different denominations is very challenging. The Christian Church does not have creeds or confessions. They are famous for saying "No creed but Christ." But the Presbyterians have the Book of Confessions. Then they differ significantly on baptism. Christian church practices "believer baptism" Presbyterians infant baptism.

Then there's the polity. The churches are governed so differently, Christian Church is congregational, Presbyterians are well Presbyterians!

I enjoy teaching both sides of the issue and this class provides me that opportunity. Yet I am saddened that Christians have so many differences that we end up with so many denominations.

No comments: