10.04.2004

Egg on my face : my new blog

I have finally taken the plunge on a second blog that I have be thinking about for some time.

This blog has long been in the back of my mind. Today I ran across a quote from Leith Anderson that forced me to create this blog.

Here you will find my thoughts and reflections on pastoring yoked congregations::the challenges, opportunities, frustrations, joys...everything. I have long joked about writing a book entitled: How to Pastor Yoked Congregations Without Getting Egg on Your Face! Pretty lame I know but, I've found it to be one of the bigger challenges in my current calling.

As some of you may know, I pastor two mainline congregations in rural northeastern Colorado. Both churches are under 100 people. The denominations are Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). I have served in this call for nearly two years.

I hope this blog helps other pastors who are serving in yoked congregations as well as educates others who are contemplating such a ministry.

Grace and peace,
Steve

No comments: