4.02.2004

I always find that my first full week back from vacation or study leave is difficult. I think it's because my soul needs to catch up with my body!

My wife and I had a wonderful talk on our way home from Brownsville, TX. We discussed the difficulties in her family and how it seems that none of her "Christian" friends have ever been able to or wanted to walk with her through the difficulties in her family. Many Christians give cheap, formulaic advice. "Forgive and forget."

But aren't Christians suppose to come alongside fellow strugglers? Yes, we are to exhort each other and encourage one another but how can we effectively do that if we are not walking alongside one another?

When it comes right down to it, most Christians are too afraid or too selfish to really get their hands dirty with the business of truly loving someone else.

I hope and pray the emerging church challenges this!

No comments: