12.27.2003

What a day and a little about Wray, Colorado...

I have been reading a lot of blogs the last couple of days and learning a lot about this medium. I must say that it is really fun!

Today, I have been a human doing rather than a human being. We had a wedding at the church and I played guitar and trumpet for it and helped officiate it as well. What a crazy day. I have hardly had time to think today.

We live in a rather small town on the northeastern plains of Colorado. The town has only about 2,000 people.

I pastor two small mainline protestant churches: one is Presbyterian USA and the other is Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). Both churches have an average attendance under 100 people. Both churches are graying and the town is dying.

I know God has called me here but there are many times that I want to do so much more than maintain and bury so many.

There are several in there 20's and 30's out here, including my wife and I, but few attend church. Clearly the churches out here are irrelevant to them. I am praying for wisdom and guidance as I seek to minister to the people in my churches and the surrounding community.

Grace and peace.

Steve

No comments: