3.31.2005

Banner of Truth : The Emerging Church

This is a very interesting article on the emerging church. In all I have read about the emerging church, I must say that I am both encouraged and concerned. Many of the churches and those within the dialogue I believe are raising great questions and coming up with intriquing ideas. One of the most interesting aspects of the emerging church dialogue is the notion that the church is for the most part uncritically married to modernism.

I am concerned that the emerging church doesn't interact critically enough with the culture, only the church. Read this article. It is fair for the most part and has excellent thoughts on both the positive and negative aspects of the emerging church.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve,

Still studying this "emergent concept".

I read the Banner article as you suggested. It expresses my concerns...concerns over denigration of the true Gospel.

Gary Fore
Wray SBC

JP said...

Its really hard to define "emergent". It differs depending on who you listen to. All I can say about it is, its a continuous conversation seeking to be in true relationship with Christ.